USAID's Health program aims at decreasing mortality among women and children under five by expanding access to quality health services and reducing the impact and spread of malaria, HIV/AIDS, and other infectious diseases, and increasing the use of family planning. The program empowers individuals and communities to adopt positive health practices and strengthens the capacity of community and district-level health officers to plan and manage health programs.
- Preventing and controlling malaria
- Improving maternal and child survival
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Reducing transmission of infectious diseases and diarrhea
- Reducing transmission and impact of HIV/AIDS